Welcome to the BEST forum for traders

Did you know we're sharing tons of exclusive content here?
Our community is growing quickly. Take a look around and say "Hello".

Algo specific for automation

Sep 17, 2020 - 4:07 PM

Viewed 488 times

https://best-trading-indicator.com/community/bti/forums/3873/topics/19671 COPY
  • Now when it's possible to set automatic TPs, it could be nice to have some extra features. I know we had some of these features before, but maybe they could be added to an algo for automation purpose only, eg. only for people who like to experiment with semi automatic trading.

• Only show trades based on-trend. I know we had this before, but an extra feature could be choosing between 2 min, 5 min or 15 min etc...
    • Only show trades based on EMA/SMA line or whatever makes sense here. Eg. if we are below X only show short trades. If we are above X only show longs. A number input field.
    • A very nice one would be this. Make an alert that knows we are in the cloud/below for longs and in the cloud/above for shorts. By doing this, we could send some advanced orders through Alertatron. Eg. alert procs a long and we are in the cloud/below. This way I can control if the order should laddered down to reduce risk or even tell where the buttom of the cloud is with PLOT. On the other hand, if an alert procs a long and we are above the cloud, then I could send an agressive order.
    • I'm not sure about this one. Maybe the trade manager/algo can do the same as nr. 3, but with S/Rs now when arrays has come.
  • Hi Anders

1) Only show trades based on-trend. I know we had this before, but an extra feature could be choosing between 2 min, 5 min or 15 min etc...

Do you mean trades with the same leading trend?

2) Only show trades based on EMA/SMA line or whatever makes sense here. Eg. if we are below X only show short trades. If we are above X only show longs. A number input field.

Do you mean selecting 1 MA from the algo Indices or Universal and using that as a filter?

3) A very nice one would be this. Make an alert that knows we are in the cloud/below for longs and in the cloud/above for shorts. By doing this, we could send some advanced orders through Alertatron. Eg. alert procs a long and we are in the cloud/below. This way I can control if the order should laddered down to reduce risk or even tell where the buttom of the cloud is with PLOT. On the other hand, if an alert procs a long and we are above the cloud, then I could send an agressive order.

You want the alert like my high-rewards? or specific events just to detect if we're above or below the cloud?

4) I'm not sure about this one. Maybe the trade manager/algo can do the same as nr. 3, but with S/Rs now when arrays has come.

What nr. 3 means?

Cheers
    Dave

Dave - Helping traders becoming the best version of themselves
  • 1) Yes.
    2) Something like that yes.
    3) Basically alerts to detect if we're above, in or below the cloud when the alert happens.
    4) Being able to tell if we are near an S/R when alert hits. Similar the way nr. 3 above works.

Cheers

This post was edited Sep 18, 2020 10:10AM
  • 1) I won't show those signals as I'm 100% certain that often the leading trend turns convergent sometimes late and you'll end up entering too late

But I'll add those events Long same leading trend and Short same leading trend if the leading trend is convergent at signal (triangle, diamond) time

2) The cloud is here for that, it's based on two specific MAs
    Plus, you have now the high-reward alerts and flags warning you whenever the black EMA vs Cloud is positioned in your favor
    https://best-trading-indicator.com/community/bti/forums/3866-official-announcements/topics/19289-high-reward-flags-september-9th-2020

3) See Point 2)

4) Impossible. Because near depends on the market configuration and if we did hit an S/R once or multiple times before for a specific period
    There is no best way for that than a 10 seconds visual check
    If I define near as X%, there will be plenty of times where it's going to be plain wrong and you guys will end up losing

Conclusion

• Point 1) is doable and I'll do it
    • Point 2) and 3) are already done and published
    • Point 4) won't be done because is a sure way to lose your capital with manual or automatic trading
    This post was edited Sep 19, 2020 03:49PM

Dave - Helping traders becoming the best version of themselves
CONTENTS