Welcome to the BEST forum for traders

Did you know we're sharing tons of exclusive content here?
Our community is growing quickly. Take a look around and say "Hello".

TradeConnector Automating TPs and Hard Exits

May 15, 2020 - 9:36 AM

Viewed 1327 times

https://best-trading-indicator.com/community/bti/forums/3873/topics/16874 COPY
  • @Daveatt can you let me know if I am setting things up correctly in TradingView and TradeConnector? I have read through the doco but have some questions for clarification.

For setting a long on a buy signal using the pre-configured alerts it would look something like this?
    tpprice= - I would need to manually enter the price for TP or could it be based on the TP1 in the algo?

For {plot(sl_price)}} this would require manually entering the SL price? Just wondering because not sure how I would know what the TP and SL prices would be until I see where the trade starts?

For the TPs automating to close on a set amount of pips or % would be good and having this as part of the same signal as the opening of the trade?

Is there a way for the Hard Exit alert to tell TradingConnector to close a long or short so there is just one hard exit alert for both types of trades?

Really keen to have a way to close trades on hard exits if I have a position open into the EU or US sessions and I am not able to manage the trade. Thanks!

• Hi @artfuldodger

1)

tpprice= - I would need to manually enter the price for TP or could it be based on the TP1 in the algo?

I recommend using {plot(tp1_price)}} for the TP1 for your Take Profit level

2)

For {plot(sl_price)}} this would require manually entering the SL price? Just wondering because not sure how I would know what the TP and SL prices would be until I see where the trade starts?

So let's say you configure your trade manager with settings for your SL and TP
    Then you create the alerts
    Your alerts will be based on the configuration you did from the Algo Builder/Trade Manager

3)

For the TPs automating to close on a set amount of pips or % would be good and having this as part of the same signal as the opening of the trade?

I think my answer above responds to this question as well

4)

Is there a way for the Hard Exit alert to tell TradingConnector to close a long or short so there is just one hard exit alert for both types of trades?

Not that I'm aware of
    They have conditions called closelong and closeshort so that's why I created two extra Hard Exit conditions Hard Exit Long and Hard Exit Short

Would be great to ask them directly to make a condition called close for closing positions regardless of the trade direction

5)

Really keen to have a way to close trades on hard exits if I have a position open into the EU or US sessions and I am not able to manage the trade.

This is very custom and would require a unique version just for you
    Probably a paid job. Please DM me if interested

Dave - Helping traders becoming the best version of themselves
  • So let's say you configure your trade manager with settings for your SL and TP
    Then you create the alerts

Your alerts will be based on the configuration you did from the Algo Builder/Trade Manager

Does this mean that the SL can be based on the Hard Exit or does it needs to be based on another SL type in the trade manager such as a fixed pip distance ?

• That reply was from me, forgot to login.

• Hi @artfuldodger

1) Could you please confirm first if you're getting the email notifications?
    Just want to make sure they're working

2) Then now for your question
    For our method (algo frameworks), use the hard exit only. Period.
    This is the best SL and the only one compatible with our method.
    We're not supporting any other SL type used alongside our trading method because we know this is a fabulous SL by design and ATR Stop Multiple will never outperform it

3) For custom SL based on your settings, yes, you have to select the Stop Loss and Take Profit configuration you want and then create the TradingConnector alerts
    The Stop Loss config (pips, percentage, price value) is up to you and your strategy
    But once again for our method, it's hard exit only

So with TradingConnector, you would select the alerts as follow:

• Condition: Hard Exit Long

• Alert message: closelong
    • Condition: Hard Exit Short

• Alert message: closeshort

closelong and closeshort have to be written like this because those are expected keywords from the TradingConnector engine

This post was edited May 19, 2020 09:41AM

• Thank you.

I wasnt very clear in my post, I am looking for the hard exit as the SL and the TP to be based on an ATR.

Basically a single alert would include
    The Buy or Sell signal to enter the trade
    The SL to be based on the Hard Exit only
    The TP to be based on an ATR

• @artfuldodger

Then you can connect your Standalone Trade Manager to the Framework

For the alerts, do as follow with the 2 indicators

• Create your SL alert based on the framework hard exit conditions
    • Create your TP alert based on the standalone trade manager conditions

You'll need to connect your framework to the Standalone for doing so

• Anyway to update Tradeconnector? They fail to ever respond but Im in need of creating a stop limit or limit order within. It seems very limited on its capabilities and I like the offset feature but need more robust options. Your help is much appreciated and am needing this for Tradingview to mt5. Thanks

• Hello

Would be great if you could log yourself in before commenting so that I know to whom I'm speaking with

Did you contact TradingConnector by email? or via their google chrome support page?
    Those channels are probably the best way to submit your most robust limit orders feature requests.

Cheers
    Dave

• Daveatt:
    Hello
    Would be great if you could log yourself in before commenting so that I know to whom I'm speaking with
    Did you contact TradingConnector by email? or via their google chrome support page?
    Those channels are probably the best way to submit your most robust limit orders feature requests.
    Cheers
    Dave

Yes Ive tried several times over several weeks with no response. Im looking for it to allow stop or stop limit entries... or allow for additional offset features. When my order is placed its either a market or a limit order without anyway to edit. I would prefer an offset feature that allows a stop limit. Is this doable?

• Hi boss

Could you please share here or to me directly your email?
    I'll forward your request to the TradingConnector founder

• Daveatt:
    Hi boss
    Could you please share here or to me directly your email?
    I'll forward your request to the TradingConnector founder

Benthomasrogers@yahoo.com or jbrogers09@gmail.com

you’re awesome! Thank You.

CONTENTS