Welcome to the BEST forum for traders

Did you know we're sharing tons of exclusive content here?
Our community is growing quickly. Take a look around and say "Hello".

Tradingview Symbol Names VS Brokerage Symbol Names

Mar 31, 2020 - 10:05 PM

Viewed 877 times

https://best-trading-indicator.com/community/bti/forums/3883/topics/16225 COPY
  • Not sure if the title of the question makes sense or not but here is my question:

I am using Forex.com for now and the Forex.com tradingview ticker names are different than in Metatrader. I am trying to connect Trading Connector with Tradingiew and Metatrader, but it will not execute the alerts as long as i use the template provided when you select TradingConnector option in the alerts.

I uploaded 2 pictures for you to see that the names on forex.com are different than in metatrader so i cannot enable Tradingconnector given the main alert template provided.

I am still in the process of changing from Forex.com to FXCM, but still i have not.

GERX.jpg

GERX.jpg

• Hi @migz

Tradesymbol

Did you think about using the tradesymbol parameter to override the default Forex.com ticker name by the most appropriate one if you're using FXCM MT4?

Which market to trade (execute trade on) is being determined by alert header. However, because sometimes a broker runs a market under a different symbol, it is possible to specify that symbol precisely with ’tradesymbol=’ parameter. So no matter what symbol is in alert header, trade will be executed in the market mentioned under ‘tradesymbol’ parameter. So this alert will open trade with XAUUSD market, even if alert is attached to EURUSD or some other chart on TradingView

Documentation

The text above coming from the TradingConnector documentation

If you set your alerts on GRXEUR but wants to automatize using FXCM MT4, then you can do something like this

long tradesymbol=GER30

Metatrader software and the broker data feed

That's being said, I would be surprised if Forex.com doesn't have its own Metratrader application.
    Each broker has a unique Metatrader software that we have to download from the broker website directly

This post was edited Apr 4, 2020 03:27PM

Dave - Helping traders becoming the best version of themselves
CONTENTS