Welcome to the BEST forum for traders

Did you know we're sharing tons of exclusive content here?
Our community is growing quickly. Take a look around and say "Hello".

How to Trigger (Open/Close) "TradingView.com alerts" directly to my Broker "VPS-MT4" app

Feb 7, 2020 - 10:30 PM

Viewed 2567 times

https://best-trading-indicator.com/community/bti/forums/3883/topics/13653 COPY
  • Dear @daveatt ,

Thank you for such an interesting work around TradingView and indicators.

I would like to know how to trigger TradingView (TV) alerts directly to my FXCM VPS MT4 account using TradingView.com alerts to MT4/5 browser extension app?

In particular, I am eager to learn the following:

1) How to hard exit automatically through TradingView, tradingconnector.com, VPS-MT4 ?
    2) How to n Pips Trailing automatically through TradingView, tradingconnector.com, VPS-MT4 ?
    3) How to n Pips above/below entry price (Breakeven) automatically through TradingView, tradingconnector.com, VPS-MT4 ?

While using your Best Trading Indicator Indices first then more and beyond of course!

Thank you very much for your GREAT support.

Best,

Riku

This post was edited Feb 7, 2020 10:30PM

Trade with Plan and Stick to it.
  • On the same note.

1) What if my trading account is connected to TradingView?
    In that situation, can the TV alerts be sent to my TV account and transformed into a closing position using the hard exit system provided by Best indicators Indices?
    2) Can I install TV on my VPS, open a position manually from my TV account and rely on the VPS 24/7 TV installation to close my position based on hard exit?
    3) Does anyone has ever tried?

All these third-parties issues are annoying me.
    I am trying to by pass the costs involved.
    Maybe @daveatt can suggest the recommend alternative solutions?

Thank you for your support.

• Hi @Anonymous

1/ An account connected to TradingView doesn't allow automatic trading. Only manual trading
    For automatic, the best way is to use those third-parties capturing Chrome alerts and forwarding them

2/ Short answer: YES :)

3/ Short answer: YES :) ME and many of our subscribers.
    You can ask in the automation channel on Discord, asking an opened question and see what the others will say

Dave - Helping traders becoming the best version of themselves
  • Hello @rikuhikkake

1/ Working on the documentation for that. Will publish when ready

2/ Great question. I spoke with TradingConnector founder this week and he told me the feature is ready but not tested.
    I'll test the trailing pips feature using TradingConnector next week
    Tagging @andersjensen as he might be interested too :)

For the TradingView bit now
    I have to update the guides on that. Basically the feature is called Trailing pips and already available in your Trade Manager embedded in your Algorithm Builders

3/ Same as above :)

Dave - Helping traders becoming the best version of themselves
  • HI, Just wondering if you have an alternative to TradingConnector. Seems they are having a hard time resolving connection issues and I would need to have an alternative .

CONTENTS