Welcome to the BEST forum for traders

Did you know we're sharing tons of exclusive content here?
Our community is growing quickly. Take a look around and say "Hello".

How to retrieve the "Max Opportunity" number on a given day with "Best Algo Indices"?

Mar 25, 2020 - 3:25 PM

Viewed 784 times

https://best-trading-indicator.com/community/bti/forums/3870/topics/16113 COPY
  • Hi @rikuhikkake

I included that metric in the Backtester

I'll make a video next week to show how to use it

For the time being, we made a while back a pretty introductory Youtube video showing how you can connect your Algo framework to the Backtester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsI23WORsBM

The Youtube Videos shows how to mouseover your cursor and get real-time updated statistics

The new metric is called Sum MAX Profitability ALL Trades and be reached as per the image below.

In the backtest configuration, for calculating it for 1 day only you should do configure with ALL the steps below:

• Select Date Range Filtering and set a beginning and end date
      For example, calculating only for March 27th, 2020, set beginning AND end dates to be March 27th, 2020

• selecting Close on External Signal (+1/-1)
      The way to use the external stop loss from the Algo framework being the hard exit signal

• also selecting Close on opposite
      Forces the backtest to close a position whenever a signal in the opposite direction triggers

• set show Entry Stop loss = 50%
      Selecting a huge one on purpose so that the exit will be based on the brown vertical bars being the hard exits

Sum MAX Profitability ALL Trades

This post was edited Mar 29, 2020 07:07PM

Dave - Helping traders becoming the best version of themselves
  • @daveatt , I would like to compute the efficiency of my trading performance and I would need to be able to retrieve the max opportunity on a given day.

More specifically, I would need to be able to ask, what is the max opportunity for the signal on March 19th at 9 am on Dax indice with the Best Algo Indices m1 for example.

I would use that to track how well I take profit based on how much I
    harvested compared to the max opportunity given on a signal.

I could do it manually I suppose going back in time in the chart but it will be great to have that feature anyway.

For example: If I harvested 50 pips on 300 pips max opportunity.
    My efficiency will be 50/300 = 16%.

best

Trade with Plan and Stick to it.
CONTENTS